Manaslu area is a sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley located in the trans-Himalayan region of Gorkha district of Nepal. Chum valley is drained by the Shear Khola, which originates from the western glacier of Ganesh Himal. Chum comes from the Tibetan word 'Tsombo', which means vivid.
Against the majestic backdrop of the Ginesh Himal, Sringi Himal and Baudha Himal ranges, this tranquil Himalayan valley is rich in ancient art, culture and religion. The local people are mostly of Tibetan origin and speak a unique dialect. Trails are strewn with artistic Chortens and lined with Mani walls made of thousands of stone slabs, carved with deities and prayers. Traditionally Chum valley was a culturally distinct geographical area called 'Tsum Tso Chuksum', which means thirteen provinces ruled as a single territory. The ancient remains of the Tsum Kingdom are still visible today.
Drive from Kathmandu to Soti Khola (700m)
Trek from Soti Khola to Korlabesi and to Tatopani (1,000m): 6-7 hrs
Trek to Jagat (1,570m): 4-5 hrs
Trek to Lokpa – Chumling (2,370m): 6-7 hrs
Trek to Chhekampar (3,030m): 5-6 hrs
Trek to Chhule (3,350m): 4-5 hrs
Excursion to Mu Gompa (3,700m) and Back to Nile (3,361m)
Trek to GumbaLangdang – Overnight stay at Nile (3,361m)
Trek to Domje (2,460m)
Trek to Ganesh Himal Base Camp – Return to Domje (4,200m): 7-8 hrs
Trek to Lokpa (2,240m): 7-8 hrs
Trek to Ghap (2,300m): 6-7 hrs
Trek to Lho (3,180m): 6-7 hrs
Trek to Samagaon (3,520m): 4-5 hrs
Trip to Manaslu Base Camp – back to Samagaon.
Trek to Samdo (3,865m): 3-4 hrs
Trek to Dharmashala (4,500m): 8-9 hrs
Trek to Bimthang via Larke (5,213m): 8-9 hrs
Trek to Dharapani (1,915m): 6-7 hrs
Trek to Jagat (1,270m): 5-6 hrs
Trek to Bhulbhule and drive to Kathmandu
Kathmandu departure or trip extensions by adding optional activities.
The above Itinerary is the standard that we offer. It can be customized as per your particular requirements and interests.
- All surface transfer from and to Kathmandu by bus.
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch & dinner) during the trek.
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- An experience English speaking trekking guide.
- Porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers 1 porter)
- Manaslu conservation area entry fee.
- Annapurna conservation area entry fee.
- Manaslu restricted area permit.
- Tims (trekking information management system) fee.
- Guide & porter foods accommodation, salary & insurance.
- All government & Local taxes.
- Office service charge.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- International airfare & airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- All kinds of cold drinks like water, coke, Fanta juice etc.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for guide, & porter.
- Rescue arrangement in case if emergency.