This aspiring trek brings together two of the most attractive treks in Nepal: the Manaslu Tour and the Annapurna Circuit, via two passes towering above 5000m. Manaslu (8156m) is the world's seventh highest peak, and its region was only opened for trekking in 1992. Heading north from Gorkha, along the Burhi Gandaki River, the route then turns westwards into a high alpine valley with typical Tibetan villages and a number of monasteries. A steeper ascent to Larkya La pass (5212m) is rewarded by stunning views of the Manaslu. At Dharapani, we join the Annapurna circuit and follow the Marsyangdi River upstream.
After Pisang we get magnificent up-close views of snowy and glaciated high peaks including Annapurnas II, III and IV. Huge glacial moraines abound, carved deeply by wind erosion into fantastic pillars. We complete this breath-taking route by crossing the Thorong La pass (5415m) to Jomsom. From there, we can either fly to Pokhara or follow the Kali Gandaki River, continuing to reach Ghorepani and Poon Hill. There we enjoy stunning views of Dhaulagiri, Macchapuchare and Annapurna south.A below is the program itinerary driving from Jomsom to Pokhara.
Drive from Kathmandu to Aarughat to Khursane (820m)
Khursane - Machha Khola (890m)
Machha Khola to Jagat (1340m)
Jagat to Ngyak (2310m)
Ngyak to Ghap (2100m)
Ghap to Lho (3200m)
Lho to Samagompa (3500m)
SamaGaon to Manaslu Base Camp (4728m)
SamaGaon - Gompa - Samdo (3780m.)
Larkya Dharmasala (4450m).
Dharamsala to Bimthang via Larke (5,213m): 8-9 hrs
Bimtang to Dharapani (1790m.)
Dharapani - Chame (2630m.)
Chame to Pisang (3300m)
Pisang to Manang (3500m)
Manang - Acclimatization day
Manang to Ledar (4250m)
Ledar to Phedi or High camp (4600m)
Phedi or High Camp to Muktinath via Thorong La pass (5416m)
Drive from Jomsom to Pokhara
Leisure day in Pokhara
Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,300m) or trip extensions optional activities.
The above Itinerary is the standard that we offer. It can be customized as per your particular requirements and interests.
- Accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast.
- All surface transfer from and to Kathmandu by bus.
- Flight ticket from Jomsom to Pokhara.
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch & dinner) during the trek.
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- An experience English speaking trekking guide.
- Porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers 1 porter)
- Manaslu conservation area entry fee
- Annapurna conservation area entry fee.
- Manaslu restricted area permit
- Tims (trekking information management system) fee.
- Guide & porter foods accommodation, salary & insurance.
- All government & Local taxes.
- Office service charge.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- International airfare & airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- All kinds of cold drinks like water, coke, Fanta juice etc.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for guide, & porter.
- Rescue arrangement in case if emergency.