The region of Mustang lies north of the Himalayan range in the area known as the trans-Himalaya. A vast high valley, arid and dry, it has a barren desert-like appearance similar to the Tibetan Plateau and is characterized by eroded canyons and colorful stratified rock formations. It was once an important route for crossing the Himalayas between Nepal and Tibet, and many of the old salt caravans passed through Mustang.
The trek to this mystique kingdom requires a special permit from the Government of Nepal upon a payment of US$ 700 per person (valid for 10 days). The trekking begins at the airstrip of Jomsom after flying up early in from Pokhara. The trek is rather easy as most of the path goes along the bank of Kali Gandaki River and eventually leads you to Lo Mangthag, the capital of Mustant at 3,730 m,
Culturally and historically this is a fascinating area full of traditional villages, monasteries, unique landscape and easy access and very few trekkers in this area. This is among the very few trips in Nepal which can be done throughout the year.
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (823m.2, 700 ft.): 5-6 hrs.
Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom and walk to Kagbeni: 4 hrs
Trek from Kagbeni to Tsele: 5 hrs
Trek to Samar: 6 hrs
Trek to GelingTsarang: 8 hrs
Trek to Lo GekarGompa Lo Mangthan: 8 hrs
Lo Mangthan sightseeing
Trek to Yara: 6 hrs
Trek to Ghechung Khola: 5 hrs
Trek to Tangye: 5 hours
Trek to Chhusang: 10 hrs
Trek to Muktinath 6-7 hrs.
Trek to Jomsom 5 hours
Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara
Pokhara city tour
Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,300m)or trip extensions by adding optional activities
The above Itinerary is the standard that we offer. It can be customized as per your particular requirements and interests.
- Accommodation inPokhara with breakfast.
- Surface transfer from Kathmandu to Pokhara & Kathmandu.
- All meals (breakfast, Lunch & dinner) during the trek.
- Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- An experience English speaking trekking guide.
- Porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers 1 porter)
- Domestic flights (Jomsom – Pokhara –Pokhara)
- Annapurna conservation area entry fee.
- Tims (trekking information management system) fee.
- Upper Mustang restricted area permit.
- Guide & porter foods accommodation, salary & insurance.
- All government & Local taxes.
- Lunch & dinners in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- International airfare & airport taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- All kinds of cold drinks like water, coke, Fanta juice etc.
- Travel insurance.
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for guide, & porter.
- Rescue armament in case if emergency.